Kyocera eyes 20% slice of MFP market in India

The following appears on business-standard.com

Documentation solutions provider, Kyocera Document Solutions India, is planning to corner an 18 to 20% share of the Indian multi-function product (MFP) market, from the present 15%, over the next five years, according to managing director K Swethanarayan.

Screen Shot 2013-11-08 at 12.41.08 PM

Kyocera Document Solutions India (formerly known as Kyocera MITA India) was formed in March 2008 as a wholly-owned subsidiary of $3.5-billion Japanese technology giant Kyocera Document Solutions Inc.

Screen Shot 2013-10-08 at 11.00.07 AM“Primarily, major corporates and the government segment are expected to deliver this above-the-market growth. The recently-launched low-end printer and MFP lineup, too, is expected to add to this growth,” Swethanarayan told Business Standard.

Screen Shot 2013-10-04 at 1.59.22 PMThe Indian A3 MFP market, dominated by players like CanonRicoh and Xerox, is pegged at 110,000 units a year. While the market is growing at 9-10% year-on-year, Kyocera is growing at 40%, he said, adding that of the total market, the share of colour MFPs was only 10%, as against over 50% in places like Hong Kong and Australia.

Click here to read the rest of the article on business-standard.com