FAIRFIELD, N.J. – August 27, 2013– KYOCERA Document Solutions America, one of the world’s leading document solutions companies, strengthened its award-winning TASKalfa lineup today when it announced the launch of seven new color and black-and-white multifunctional products (MFPs). The new devices deliver maximum document workflow by employing many Kyocera hallmarks: proven technology, advanced design, user-friendly features, and seamless compatibility with Kyocera business applications.
Four of the seven new TASKalfa devices are high quality color MFPs: the TASKalfa 5551ci (50 pages per minute [ppm] color/55 ppm black); TASKalfa 4551ci (45 ppm color/ 45 ppm black); TASKalfa 3551ci (35 ppm color/ 35 ppm black); and TASKalfa 3051ci (30 ppm color/ 30 ppm black). In addition, Kyocera is introducing three black-and-white MFPs, each of which features high output speeds and the latest Kyocera technology: the TASKalfa 5501i (55 ppm black); TASKalfa 4501i (45 ppm black); and TASKalfa 3501i (35 ppm black). Both the color and black & white MFP series incorporates Kyocera‘s updated, highly intuitive color touch screen interface with a tablet-like design, including a ̳pinch and grab‘ function.
―At Kyocera, our philosophy centers around the resolution of our clients‘ critical document issues. We want to put them in control of their document workflow, help them boost their productivity and efficiency,‖ said Danielle Wolowitz, director, product marketing for KYOCERA Document Solutions America. ―These new TASKalfa devices employ a common design and common technology—so they‘re user-friendly, share common accessories, and deliver a cost- effective solution for customers to protect their bottom line. They give our customers everything they expect from Kyocera: value, reliability, and, of course, superior print quality.‖
TASKalfa: Advanced Engineering for Quality Products
TASKalfa MFPs are engineered to optimize performance and maximize uptime. They boast vibrant color and crisp black-and-white printing, color scanning and copying, and optional Super G3 fax/network fax and dual fax for high-speed document delivery. Other features include:
- Common technology, design, and accessories across the series of products;
- Up to 7,650 sheet paper capacity with optional paper-feed units on specific models;
- irPrint enabled for simplified mobile printing;
- Optional OCR capability allowing users to turn scanned documents into searchable pdfs;
- Standard color scanning to multiple destinations, including Scan-to-Email, Scan-to-FTP, WSD scanning, and LDAP support;
- 12‖ x 48‖ banner printing on color MFPs;
- Kyocera‘s patented long-life consumable technology and a 600,000-page preventive maintenance schedule;
- A wide range of advanced finishing options, including hole punch, off-line staple, booklet, and trifold finishing;
- Standard USB host interface for convenient print-from and scan-to any USB drive in
PDF, JPG, TIFF and XPS formats – all via the touch screen control panel;
- Standard Freescale QoriQ P1022 dual core controller (1,067MHz on color MFPs;
800MHz on black-and-white MFPs).
- Optional embedded EFI Fiery® Controller for the TASKalfa 5551ci series of color.
Powerful Business Applications
Users of the TASKalfa MFPs can choose from a wide range of robust business applications, each powered by Kyocera‘s HyPAS software technology platform. A small sampling is listed below.
- Kyocera Cloud Connect, which allows users to print from and scan to the cloud directly from the MFP‘s control panel;
- Kyocera Mobile Print, a convenient app that frees users to print files, web pages, and images from a smartphone or tablet;
- DMS Link, a customizable interface that simplifies document workflow through digital imaging, distribution, retrieval, and longtime archival;
- Pin Point Scan, a powerful app that enables users to scan from the MFP to their desktop with added speed, functions, and versatility;
- SharePoint Connector, which enhances collaboration between Kyocera MFPs and the user‘s existing Microsoft SharePoint server.
Pricing and Availability
The TASKalfa 5551ci series of color MFPs, and the TASKalfa 5501i series of black & white MFPs are available through authorized KYOCERA Document Solutions America dealers at a manufacturer‘s suggested retail price (MSRP) of:
- TASKalfa 5551ci: $20,325
- TASKalfa 4551ci: $15,876
- TASKalfa 3551ci: $13,758
- TASKalfa 3051ci: $10,756
- TASKalfa 5501i: $11,228
- TASKalfa 4501i: $9,545
- TASKalfa 3501i: $8,292
To find the nearest dealer, please visit KYOCERA Document Solutions America dealer locator at: www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.com/us.
ABOUT KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS AMERICA
KYOCERA Document Solutions America, Inc. (www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.com/us), headquartered in Fairfield, N.J., is a leading provider of computer-connectable document imaging and document management systems, including network-ready digital MFPs/printers, laser printers, color MFPs/printers, digital laser facsimiles, and multifunctional and wide format imaging solutions. KYOCERA Document Solutions America is a group company of KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc., a core company of the Kyocera Corporation, the world’s leading developer and manufacturer of advanced ceramics and associated products, including telecommunications equipment, semiconductor packages and electronic components. KYOCERA Document Solutions America, the first document solutions company with third-party certified sales data, has earned numerous honors for its products‘ high performance, reliability and cost efficiency. Kyocera Corporation’s consolidated net revenues exceeded $13.6 billion for the fiscal year ending on March 31, 2013.