GreatAmerica Financial Services 4 reviews – Cedar Rapids, IA
We are seeking an experienced accountant to join our team as a Senior Accountant! You will be responsible for ensuring that generally accepted accounting principles are followed in the preparation and presentation of financial reports and will work closely with Finance leadership in all facets of the accounting function.
There is currently 1 opening in the department. The candidate hired will be hired as a Staff Accountant II or Sr. Staff Accountant, based upon qualifications, skills, and organizational needs.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Monthly and annual financial statement analysis and research.
- Take an active role in advancing the Team’s strategic initiatives.
- Assist with annual budget process.
- Manage insurance program for leased assets including reconciliation of accounts and communication with third party insurance company.
- Assist finance leaders with the annual financial statement audit.
- Administer unclaimed property reporting.
- Review work of Accounting Team members as needed.
- Research and application of accounting theory.
- Assist the finance leaders with ad-hoc projects as necessary.
- Provide mentorship to the Accounting Team members.
- Provide an outstanding GreatAmerica experience to all customers.