Konica Minolta Healthcare provides the complete solution to your medical facility’s business needs, letting you optimize healthcare workflow efficiency and connect patients to their information (PHI).
Let’s take a look at how Konica Minolta solutions, including the Exa integrated PACS/RIS/EHR platform, can power your medical facility:
1. A primary care physician refers a patient to a women’s health center for an annual breast exam. Using a Konica Minolta bizhub multi-function printer, the physician’s assistant scans an order for a 3D mammography exam.
2. The order is sent electronically to the Women’s Health Center, and received by the Exa platform. Since this is the patient’s first visit to the center, the PA sends her records and other relevant information via the bizhub healthcare MFP’s secure data exchange capability.
4. The PA uses the bizhub MFP to print a prescription from the primary care physician, using Konica Minolta’s Dispatcher Phoenix Rx Shield. The bizhub MFP’s proximity badge technology authenticates users, ensuring a secure printing environment.
5. At the Women’s Health Center, the new mammography order automatically appears on the administrator’s work list in Exa, an integrated PACS/RIS/EHR platform.
6. The administrator links the patient’s medical records to the patient’s chart in Exa.
7. After the exam, the radiologist views the image from his/her office using Exa. With service-side rendering, the radiologist has rapid remote access to these large files and prior exams. Using Exa voice recognition, the radiologist creates a diagnostic report, which is available to both the referring physician and the patient.
8. After arriving home, the patient can log into the Exa patient portal to review her 3D mammogram image and diagnostic report.