|At PRINT 18, HP debuts new technologies helping customers print higher value and higher quality commercial applications to grow and transform their business|
HP News Highlights at PRINT 18:
- HP Indigo 12000 HD reinvents quality with new HD imaging and HDFM screening offers new sharpness for applications with highly detailed images.
- HP Indigo 7900 innovations power any print job and for a first in the U.S., printing HP ElectroInk Silver for metallic effects.
- HP SmartStream Collage takes automated variable imaging design to the next level.
- AgX Conversion helps HP Indigo’s customers digitalize their production floor and build their business for the future.
- New digital productivity solutions enabling print service providers (PSP) to implement Industry 4.0 print production and print thousands of jobs a day:
- HP PrintOS advancements designed to open new markets while increasing, efficiency, and productivity through automation.
- Improved on-press Automatic Alert Agent for real-time print quality error detection
Chicago, IL., Sept. 26, 2018 – HP Inc. (NYSE: HPQ) at PRINT 18 will demonstrate its latest innovations spanning the HP Graphics portfolio designed to create new business opportunities for print service providers (PSP). HP Indigo continues to drive new innovations to power Industry 4.0 helping PSPs transform and grow.
“PSPs want new ways to grow and expand their business to keep pace with the ever-changing market landscape to deliver impact and unforgettable quality with high-value products,” said Dave Prezzano, vice president and general manager, Graphics Solutions Business, Americas, HP Inc. “HP designed its latest innovations to help PSPs unlock new opportunities to ignite their business to outshine competition, respond faster and increase business profitability. The latest innovations showcased at Print 18 exemplify how HP continues to reinvent print quality, drive increased value of print, and reduce order turnaround times to accelerate business growth by enabling PSPs to print anything.”
HP at PRINT 18
At Print 18 at Booth #2411, from Sept. 30 – Oct. 2, HP is demonstrating and showcasing the #wonderofprint and its amazing possibilities with the next generation of innovations and solutions that are transforming businesses all over the world.
- Attendees will see technology in action tools and learn how to print anything, differentiate their service and product offerings, transform and grow their business with HP Indigo’s unique Liquid Electrophotography (LEP) Digital Technology and end-to-end solutions, reinvent quality with new HP Indigo HD Imaging System and HDFM Screen on the HP Indigo 12000 HD Digital Press, demonstrated for the first time in the U.S., experience the latest innovations on the HP Indigo 7900 including: ElectroInk Silver, invisible ElectroInks, and Premium white for commercial applications, and drive automation and optimization with new HP PrintOS features and applications.
- Attendees will experience the technology that enables them to “Say Yes” to any print job with the HP Latex R2000 Plus Printer. See the first Latex hybrid printer, debuting for the first time in the Americas, and its amazing, vibrant colors on rigid and flexible substrates.
- HP will also demonstrate its HP PageWide Web Presses for attendees to learn more about the Performance HDK mode, a new optimization technology for High Definition Nozzle Architecture (HDNA) printing. Now available for the HP PageWide Web T240 HD, it offers best-in-class quality in color or mono at full press speed of 500 feet per minute delivering more high-quality digital pages that can be economically produced on inkjet for publishing, direct mail, and commercial print.
- HP Specialty Printing Systems (SPS) will demonstrate a new 11.7” wide print head color print engine to open OEM opportunities to create on-demand specialty packaging and envelope solutions. The HP OEM Fixed Imager 1000, enables convenient in-plant or PSP printing on a wide range of applications, including gift and shopping bags, personalized gift boxes, shipping packaging, cartons, and envelopes. The FI-1000 is the industry’s widest single printhead width for tabletop inkjet applications1.
PRINT 18 visitors will have the unique experience to interact with influencers that have leveraged HP technology to transform their business and further explore the #wonderofprint.
- PRINT 18 keynote speaker Seth Godin, a world-renowned entrepreneur and best-selling author, will host a book signing in HP’s booth on Sunday, Sept. 30 at 10 a.m. Attendees can get a signed book printed on HP PageWide T240 HD Press and learn about the technology that is transforming the publishing industry.
- Discover the #wonderofprint through the eyes of Dian Holton who created her Daily Digits “7” series with HP Indigo. She will be in HP’s booth both Sept. 30 and Oct. 1 to share her experience with using HP’s Florescent and IndiChrome ElectroInks. Attendees will have the unique experience of speaking with her and seeing how her designs were created with an interactive demo using HP SmartStream Mosaic technology.
- Hear from Perfect Communications on Sept. 30 and Oct. 1 in the HP booth on how HP Indigo’s cutting-edge inks and unique technology enabled the company to grow their business with loyal customers and attract new business opportunities.
- Join the HP team on Oct. 1 at 12:00 p.m. to celebrate the 10th anniversary of HP PageWide Inkjet.
HP will join Printverse panels focused on industry trends and topics. Visit here for a detailed schedule.
With the New HP Indigo 12000 HD, HP Continues to Reinvent Quality
Debuting new HP Indigo 12000 HD capabilities at show, with double the resolution, setting up a new benchmark for high quality imaging.
At PRINT 18, HP will demonstrate:
- HP Indigo HDFM screening technology: HP Indigo HDFM mode places ink dots in random-like distribution, increasing the accuracy of ink dot placement and eliminating the appearance of rosette patterns and moiré. The result is increased sharpness in highly detailed images and halftone text applications. Any HP Indigo 12000 HD can benefit from this new HDFM print mode, particularly for professional and wedding photography, and any high-end commercial application with graphical text, such as brochures, posters, invitations and more.
- Sophisticated brand protection solutions: New HP Indigo ElectroInks UV Yellow and Blue, and other solutions for anti-counterfeiting, track and trace, as well as process control will be showcased for the first time in the U.S.
- New Press Software 3.5: More efficient, more control over color, enhanced Automatic Alert Agent with automatic reprint and recovery using state-of-the-art deep machine learning.
“RRD is committed to leading the way in print technology innovation and continuously meeting the dynamic needs of our customers,” said Craig Roberton, Group Vice President of Commercial Print at RRD. “The HP Indigo 12000 HD Digital Press’ cutting-edge technology substantially broadens the creative possibilities for our clients to efficiently produce breakthrough print communications at scale that strengthen the impact of their brand messaging.”
HP Indigo 7900 Newest Innovations
Debuting a range of new features, HP Indigo 7900 Digital Press continues to offer PSPs new innovations to help improve productivity, versality, and quality to be empowered to print anything.
New capabilities include:
- HP Indigo ElectroInk Silver: Soon to be released for the HP Indigo 7×00 platform, this new ink in combination with standard process colors can generate a wide gamut of mid-to-high brilliance metallic colors, combining metallic effects with digital capabilities in one printing process. The new ink is set to expand the application capabilities enabled by HP Indigo’s technology and opening new commercial opportunities.
- Premium White Ink: Offering the widest range of opacities in a single print process, Premium White Ink adds impact and helps commercial applications stand out from the rest and increases productivity by using less heat to get opacity.
- HP Indigo ElectroInk Invisible Yellow and Blue: These two transparent inks are only visible under a UV light, delivering high performance for high value unique applications, security and process control applications. This allows HP commercial customers to offer premium and unique security features for static and serialized products including event ticketing, packaging, gaming and other applications.
- New HP Indigo 7900 enhancements with Press Software Version 15.2:
- One shot Duplex: allows printing duplex in one pass on synthetic media with perfect registration, opening a plethora of new high value application delivering increased profitability and more applications.
- Enhanced EPM screens: expand the applications that can leverage this unique HP Indigo enhanced productivity mode to produce stunning quality using only CMY inks for faster print speeds at lower costs.
- Additional enhancements include: features in User Interface, Automatic Alert Agents with deep machine learning, and 3D color calibration increases color consistency and reduces calibration time.
A New Design Twist with HP SmartStream Collage
HP SmartStream Collage, is an automated, unique variable design for HP Indigo printing. Following the huge success of HP SmartStream Mosaic, HP SmartStream Collage automatically generates unique designs by manipulating graphic design elements randomly for unlimited brand impact using logos and symbols, creating totally unique packaging impact for each package.
Premium Photo Quality
Attendees will learn more about the versatile AgX conversion sheetfed and web-based solutions by experiencing the benefits of converting consumer and professional photos from Silver Halide to HP Indigo.
Benefits of HP’s Indigo’s Silver Halide replacement photo solution include:
- Flexible range of solutions and partner workflow- Wide range of applications, media and finishing options. Sheetfed on the HP Indigo 12000 HD, HP Indigo 7900 or roll fed HP Indigo WS6800p.
- High productivity- offering up to 35,000 cut photos/hour (10cm x 15cm) in true photo quality.
- Environment- silver-free technology, CO2 neutral press manufacturing process, consumables recycling program
New Expanded and Enhanced HP PrintOS Platform
With over 7000 PSPs and 17,000 registered users globally HP PrintOS is the secure, the industry-leading cloud platform with web and mobile apps connected to HP presses and printers. PrintOS enables PSPs to manage and control their print operation from anywhere at any time. The new PrintOS Marketplace is poised to revolutionize how PSPS purchase and use prepress and workflow software with new apps that increase automation and output with more insight into press efficiency for their HP Indigo, HP Latex, HP Scitex, HP DesignJet, and HP PageWide Web Presses.
HP PrintOS Enhancements for HP Indigo Presses:
- HP PrintOS Marketplace: Is a disruptive and groundbreaking cloud-based solutions community to enable on-demand subscription to a wide variety of value-add workflow apps and licenses, plus a community of ideas, services, and more, from HP and any 3rd party vendor. HP will feature several HP and third-party products in this debut of the PrintOS Marketplace with the goal of having 80-100 offerings on the PrintOS Marketplace by Drupa 2020.
- PrintOS OEE: An application designed to empower PSPs to use the industry standard Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) methodology to gain insights into HP Indigo press efficiency. PrintOS OEE helps users reduce overtime and labor costs and increase press output.
- Color Beat: A new feature that fully automates color conformance processes for the HP Indigo 10000 and 12000 digital press, reinvents how color control is managed. Cutting color control time from up to an hour down to as little as two minutes, HP Color Beat empowers PSPs to make color a true competitive advantage by enabling on-press continuous color improvements to increase operational efficiencies, and achieve color consistency job-to-job, across presses, and across sites simply and reliably.
- EPM Preflight: Using the HP Indigo EPM printing mode increases press productivity by up to 33 percent, and reduces costs compared to traditional CMYK printing2. The new PrintOS EPM Preflight feature replaces manual file analysis and offers an effortless way to check Enhanced Productivity Mode (EPM) compatibility of PDF files submitted to HP PrintOS Box. Within seconds, it provides a go, no-go decision regarding EPM compatibility of each job.
- AutoFlow: Now available in the HP PrintOS Marketplace, AutoFlow is a smart, rule-based, scalable pre-press automation solution from OneFlow Systems. It automates repetitive actions including artwork fetching, checking, fixups and page manipulations, all this with zero capital investment and no IT hassle.
- PACKZalyzer: Designed for labels and packaging, HP PrintOS users will be able to leverage Hybrid Software’s PACKZalyzer to automatically detect and correct common print file issues such as barcode validation, white overprint, minimum link thickness, font size and more.
- PrintOS Knowledge Zone: A new HP PrintOS capability for HP PageWide Web Presses provides easy access to the latest technical information and tips and tricks for continuous learning.
New Service Solutions
HP Predictive Press Care Service helps increase up-time and productivity by alerting customers on failures before they happen based on real-time streaming. The cloud-based service will be demonstrated at the conference which is built on a machine learning infrastructure allowing customers to manage their presses maintenance time.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
- Based on competitors as of 9/18 in the fixed printhead tabletop color inkjet market space.
- An additional 1200 sheets to the 3600 original sheets equal to a 33% increase in productivity, when comparing CMYK to EPM printing (1200/3600).