Leading up to Dscoop San Antonio, HP Inc. is inviting customers to submit entries in the first-ever North American Inkspiration Awards, recognizing the most innovative work produced with HP digital printing technology. The inaugural award winners will be announced during the annual Dscoop conference, April 14-16, where HP will showcase the winning entries and other creative customer projects, along with its industry-leading graphics solutions portfolio.
Entries in categories ranging from general commercial printing, labels and packaging to large-format printing applications, such as banners and signage, will be evaluated by a panel of highly-regarded judges from the printing, design, marketing and technology industries. Judges include:
- William “Buzz” Apostol, Vice President, Channel Sales, Americas, PANTONE Inc.
- Bruce Leigh Myers, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Rochester Institute of Technology
- Stephen Spencer, Senior Designer and Producer, MAYA Design
- John Gibson, Vice President, Global Group Planning Director, The Martin Agency
- Linda Casey, Editor-in-Chief, Package Design Matters
- Jim Hamilton, Group Director, InfoTrends
- John Sartoris, Corporate Director of Production and Circulation, ADWEEK
- Howard Owen, Owner, Stafford Printing
- Sabine Lenz, Founder, PaperSpecs
- Dr. Eric Weisenmiller, Associate Professor in the Department of Graphic Communications, Clemson University
“Driven by tight deadlines, it’s easy for print service providers (PSPs) to just ‘check boxes’ to fulfill orders rather than provide customers ‘out of the box’ value,” said Sabine Lenz, founder, PaperSpecs. “The most successful PSPs move from order fillers to true partners by providing innovative solutions to their customers’ challenges, and that’s the source of award-winning work, which we’re excited to recognize with the first North American Inkspiration Awards.”
Also awarded will be the prestigious Rod Key Marketing Excellence Award. Established in memory of Rod Key, a founding Dscoop member and an innovator in marketing for his own business, this award will be given to the company with the most creative marketing campaign printed on HP Indigo, PageWide Web Press, Latex or Scitex equipment to promote their own business.
“Brands are facing increased competition in crowded markets, and HP customers are constantly innovating to help them break through the noise with creative campaigns, like those we’ve seen for Dole, OREO, Bud Light, Diet Coke and others,” said Avi Basu, director, marketing and business development,
Graphics Solutions Business, Americas, HP. “HP customers produce exceptional work that pushes the boundaries of what’s possible with digital printing, and the North American Inkspiration and Rod Key Marketing Excellence Awards recognize and celebrate their achievements, while inspiring PSPs and brands to keep reinventing.”
All entries must be submitted online at www.hpinkspiration.com by Monday, February 15, 2016.