PALO ALTO, Calif. — HP today introduced HP Helion Managed Storage, a managed cloud storage offering that helps organizations save money and increase operational efficiency by leveraging the capacity they need, when they need it.
The storage infrastructure demands of enterprises are increasing by about 25 percent year over year, creating an urgent need to proactively invest to ensure sufficient storage capacity. However, investing in storage that won’t be efficiently used is a luxury that most businesses can’t afford. The need for controlled and secure, yet flexible and fast, IT resources to manage, archive and recover data, has led to a demand for a utility-like, fully managed storage model.
Other Interesting Articles
- Xerox Public Safety Solutions – Making a Difference
- Xerox’s Google Hangout – Ask the Experts
- Xerox explains how customers can maximize their digital press
“While HP has offered a managed consumption base model for over 14 years, our new HP Helion Managed Services offering gives customers an increased level of control over their managed services and IT resources at a significant cost savings,” said Jim Fanella, vice president, Workload and Cloud, HP Enterprise Services. “Our Helion offerings are unique from other industry services due to the simplification of file management and interface, performance scalability options and availability of backup services for servers and personal devices.”
HP Helion Managed Services are delivered in a fully managed model that insulates customers from unexpected expenditures, as well as ongoing storage administration and maintenance costs. By providing an agile alternative to the need to own and manage storage assets, HP Helion Managed Services lets organizations focus their capital and IT resources to support business goals.
Customized managed offering to maximize cost savings
HP Helion Managed Storage offers data management across a hybrid delivery model that spans private, virtual private and public cloud to align to client application workloads. Its customized solutions leverage exclusive block, file and object storage as well as backup services powered by HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage and HP StoreOnce Backup systems.
- Block storage offers organizations a storage area network for applications and databases requiring high-performance options accessed via fiber communications.
- File storage enables network-attached storage that provides file-level storage for data that is stored and accessed via internet protocol.
- Object storage provides users and backup applications access to add, delete and modify files via a simple Web Service Representational State Transfer (ReST) interface or http protocols.
- Server backup creates backup copies of application data for servers in the data center or at remote offices to restore files when needed and personal device backup provides disk-based backup for user files located on PCs and tablets enables individuals to restore on demand.
HP also provides a choice of tiers to get the right cost, availability and performance for each application on a price-per-Gigabyte model.
Additional information about HP Helion Managed Storage is available atwww.hp.com/enterprise/storage.
© 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.