The following appears on ZDNet.com
A discussion on IoT, big data, and other topics with the CEO of PARC, one of Silicon Valley’s most respected centers of innovation.
The Xerox Palo Alto Research Center, which most people refer to as Xerox PARC, is one of the most fabled institutions in Silicon Valley. Founded in 1970, Xerox PARC is the birthplace of innovations such as (from Wikipedia):
- Laser printers
- The graphical user interface, featuring windows and icons, operated with a mouse
- The WYSIWYG text editor
- Interpress, a resolution-independent graphical page-description language and the precursor to PostScript
- Ethernet as a local-area computer network
- Fully formed object-oriented programming in the Smalltalk programming language and integrated development environment.
- Model-view-controller software architecture
Click here to read the rest of the article on ZDNet.com